Changing into an occupational therapist might be very costly. The typical complete value of incomes this diploma can fluctuate from $65,000 to $200,000, with those that earn doctoral levels dealing with particularly excessive prices.
The excellent news is there are scholarships for occupational remedy college students that may enable you cut back the whole quantity you’ll must pay out of your pocket for college. Occupational remedy scholarships don’t have to be repaid, not like scholar loans. They might be obtainable from colleges, non-public organizations, or nonprofits.
Try this information to scholarships for occupational remedy to search out some packages that might enable you pay to your diploma.
Occupational Remedy Scholarships
Listed here are a number of OT scholarships that you could be be occupied with making use of for.
AOTF Scholarship Program
The AOTF Scholarship Program is operated by way of the American Occupational Remedy Basis. Candidates should:
- Be at the moment enrolled as a full-time scholar in an AOTA-accredited or growing professional-level OTA program
- Submit a resume, 500-word essay, and reference or suggestion types
- Comply by the October deadline for software submissions
A complete of 27 states award scholarships by way of this program, with quantities various by location in addition to residency and membership necessities.
OccupationalTherapy.com supplies two $5,000 scholarships yearly. Candidates should meet the next necessities:
- Should be pursuing a post-baccalaureate diploma in occupational remedy.
You could find out particulars in regards to the OccuptionalTherapy.com scholarship on the group’s web site.
Med Vacationers Scholarship
Med Vacationers awards a $5,000 scholarship twice a yr to college students who’re pursuing a level in occupational remedy, bodily remedy, faculty psychology, or speech-language pathology. candidates should meet the next necessities:
- Be pursuing a complicated diploma in a related discipline
- Submit a written essay showcasing your life and your profession story
Purposes for this scholarship should be submitted by November 30, 2023, and people chosen for a scholarship will obtain the funds distributed within the type of a $5,000 examine.
Nationwide AMBUCS, Inc. Scholarship
Nationwide AMBUCS Inc. has supplied scholarships since 1955 to college students pursuing levels in occupational remedy or in different associated fields, together with speech-language pathology, bodily remedy, or listening to audiology.
To be eligible for this scholarship, college students should meet the next necessities:
- You should be a U.S. citizen accepted in an accredited graduate program
- You could show monetary want, dedication to your local people, compassion, and integrity.
Scholarships vary from $600 to $1,500, with one OT scholarship of $6,000 obtainable as a two-year award. The funds will likely be distributed to your faculty’s monetary help workplace if you’re chosen for an AMBUCS scholarship.
Purposes for this program are accepted between February 1 and Could 1, and yow will discover out extra about it on the AMBUCs web site.
HIE Assist Middle Scholarship
The HIE Assist Scholarship is out there to bodily, occupational, and speech remedy college students who meet the next necessities:
- Be enrolled in a better schooling establishment finding out bodily remedy, occupational remedy, or speech remedy
- Have a 3.25 GPA or larger
- Not be a previous consumer of ABC Regulation Facilities
- Submit a accomplished software, an educational transcript, and a response to a query about why you’re pursuing a level and your distinctive method to the career. The response should come within the type of a artistic challenge or a 750 to 1000-word essay.
One $1,000 scholarship is awarded yearly, and each undergraduate and grad college students are eligible. The funds will likely be issued within the type of a examine made payable to the varsity you’re attending.
Tips on how to Discover Scholarships for Occupational Remedy
These are just some of many potential scholarships for occupational remedy college students that could be obtainable to you. You could find extra OT scholarships utilizing the next assets:
- Your faculty’s monetary help workplace. The monetary help workplace ought to present particulars about all several types of scholarships and grants you might be eligible for primarily based in your grades, educational and private background, or desired space of examine. The monetary help workplace may also enable you to discover loans and work examine packages as effectively.
- Scholarship databases. Web sites similar to BigFuture offer you searchable databases of scholarships you might apply for. You’ll be able to filter the obtainable scholarships primarily based on many elements, together with location and space of examine.
- Skilled organizations: Teams just like the American Occupational Remedy Basis (AOTF) can offer you assets that can assist you discover OT scholarships. You’ll be able to search for each native and nationwide teams that function inside the occupational remedy house.
Beginning your scholarship search early is at all times finest, as many packages have strict deadlines and restricted funding. You might also have to finish particular necessities, similar to submitting essays or artistic initiatives, and it may take time to meet these necessities by the applying deadline.
Will Occupational Remedy Scholarships Cowl the Whole Price of Your Diploma?
Whereas scholarships for occupational remedy college students might help you pay for college, they typically won’t present sufficient cash to cowl all the prices you’ll incur while you earn your diploma. Further sources of funding might come from the next sources:
- Financial savings
- Household assist
- Working whereas attending faculty
- Scholar loans
Borrowing for college is feasible and is commonly crucial. The excellent news is that each the Division of Schooling and personal scholar mortgage lenders provide inexpensive mortgage choices for OT college students. You need to discover totally different mortgage packages, evaluate rates of interest and mortgage phrases, and at all times select to refinance non-public scholar loans after commencement to assist hold your complete borrowing prices as little as doable.